Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why I love camera RAW


Kind of sounds kinky doesn't it? So, yeah I wish they had come up with a different name for this digital format, but that doesn't make me love it any less! Without camera RAW I never would have been able to capture these amazing colors of sponges in the pristene waters of Bocas del Toro, Panama. And, I couldn't have let them shine without Adobe Lightroom. Sorry, if I sound like a commercial, it's just that we are leaving Monday for the Bahamas and I can't wait to capture more images in RAW. Keep your fingers crossed that the snorkeling is good!!!
So, please excuse a little more praise for Lightroom. For RAW editing it kicks CS4's butt. And, that library thing is good too. :) I have to thank my instructor (guru) Eliot Cohen for showing me the light (pardon the pun). BTW - You can find Eliot's work at http://www.eliotcohen.com.
And, don't forget to check out our photos at http://www.HSWTPhotography.etsy.com where you'll find more great pics from Bocas, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, Antigua and Grand Cayman.

No comments:

Post a Comment